Monday, October 27, 2008

God's promise

Those of you that really know me know that I have a lot of anxiety, especially since my mom died. I feel like I live in fear of something happening to me or a loved one... and although I know God promises to take care of me, I have a hard time LETTING him follow through.
Taria was reading in a book that was given to her, and came across a passage that she wrote down for me to read... a constant reminder of the fear that I need to quit letting control me... I'm just letting the devil in on my weak wall.

"I know your heart, and I know how much you love those close to you. I am your creator, and the giver of every good gift. I have given you loved ones to share your life with. But you, My Child, must remember that those you love ultimately belong to me-not to you. I didn't give you those special relationships to tear you apart or to control you through fear of the future. Like Abraham did with his only son, Isaac, I need you to open your heart and give back to Me those you love. Trust Me with everything that concerns you regarding them. Place your hand in Mine, and I promist I will walk you-and your loved ones through all things this life brings."
Love,
Your Trustworthy King
Psalm 125:1

AMEN

2 comments:

Larry and Sue said...

Beautiful...

Taria M. said...

God always provides, Ter. He gave you the people in your life to love and be blessings in your life. But they truly do belong to HIM, not to you. Trust HIM that He knows best, and that He will provide for you and for them. Our God is good... remember that. :) GBS with all my heart!